So, here we go again. Cheats can be very useful when you play The Sims 2, but it can be very frustrating if you don’t have them when you need them. So, here they are:
- boolprop AptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled [False/True] – When false, you can use Build Mode in apartment lot.
- changelotzoning [residential | community | apartmentbase] – This changes the zoning type of the lot. Before rezoning a lot using this cheat, make sure there are no Sims currently living in the lot. To use this cheat, enter the lot that you would like to rezone, and then enter the cheat, choosing one of these zoning options. Note that zoning a beach lot into an apartment lot will severely corrupt the ocean and lot terrain and is strongly not recommended.
- printLotClass – This prints the lot’s class (low, middle, or high) as well as the corresponding numerical lot class value.
- changeLotClassification [low | middle | high] – This changes the lot classification of the lot. The lot will remain this classification until the following cheat is used.
- clearLotClassValue – This clears any “changeLotClassification” cheat used on the lot and sets the lot class to the correct calculated value.
- boolprop ControlPets [on/off] – This cheat from The Sims 2 Pets will also allow you to control your roommates.
If you needed any kind of help with The Sim 2 Apartment Life, I think pretty everything is described and explained in Prima Official Game Guide which you can also download for free.